In the Present Moment: Insomnia

I'm tired.

Just signed off from Facebook saying that I was heading to bed, but the truth is that I only arrived home from work and hour ago...so while I'm tired, I'm still a little wound up from working my ridiculously LONG day and, thus, not actually sleepy.

This is one of the things that I worry about when the Little One arrives.

Insomnia.

I've struggled with it for much of my life.

If I'm in bed before 10:00 p.m. or so I'm usually in pretty good shape to sleep the night through. Even 10:30 is OK. But once I get beyond the 10:30 mark (it's now 10:35) there's a good chance that I'll get a second wind that will wake me up for hours and hours.

What if The Kid is a night owl?

It's taken me YEARS to get to a place where I actually sleep well most nights. What happens when the Little One needs to be fed at all hours? Will I actually be able to get back to sleep? Am I going to be one of those Zombie Parents who stumbles through each day for years until the Little One manages to get a regular sleep routine?

I probably shouldn't worry about this (especially because excessive worrying and anxiety are key factors in insomnia!), but, of course, I do.

Ah well.

Think I will actually sign off now and head to be with my book. Perhaps a few pages of A Letter of Mary will send me off into peaceful slumber.

G'night.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Present Moment: Margaret's Birthday

In the Present Moment: Transracial adoption...one of these things is not like the other

In the Present Moment: Can I really call myself a writer?