In the Present Moment: Things I don't understand

The whole "wearing my pants down around my knees" phenomenon among young guys (and some unfortunate young women.) I saw one the other day whose pants were just below his butt cheeks. Below his BUTT CHEEKS people. And he was wearing a BELT (apparently so the pants didn't fall off altogether?) What the hell is up with that???

Facial piercings and nipple piercings. Yeah. Just don't get that.  Ouch. And - as comedian Bill Engvall would say - people who "landscape the private property." DEFINITELY don't understand that at all. Eeeuuuwwww.

People who are cruel to animals.

The continuing trend in foo-foo-shi-shi restaurants to pile food in a single tall column on my plate.

Why our cat Cecil wanders around the house with her favorite toy in her mouth MOANING pitifully and then when I actually throw it for her she just stares at me with a look of blank incomprehension. 

Why I can only manage to keep my house tidy for a few days before it slides back into clutterdom.

"The Bachelor," "The Bachelorette," and all other forms of reality television with a bent toward romance, sex and people supposedly falling in love. Really? Seriously? Why?

Why I am still on the non-profit, fund-raising merry-go-round.  

That it's taken me so long in my life to realize what's truly important.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Present Moment: Margaret's Birthday

In the Present Moment: Transracial adoption...one of these things is not like the other

In the Present Moment: Can I really call myself a writer?